Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kids Art: Clay Heads..(or pot heads as I like to call them)

Just thought I'd share with you a couple darling "Pot Heads" created in my after school art class...


They are made from a simple pinch pot using terra-cotta clay.



I think the hardest part is convincing the kids to keep it simple and just paint the features on the face...


the eyes, cheeks and mouth....



These kids did just that and the results are darling!!!


My plan is to have them plant the heads with grass seed so the can cut the "hair"...
but I think the tissue paper flower looks mighty fine!

I also have some darling pigs and a couple of cute puppy's to share...
so check back later.  :)

Take care!!!
Denise

As usual I will be linking up to the parties in my side bar.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love what you did with their hair. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Even my two year old would be able to have a lot of fun with this project.

    Thank-you so much for sharing at Pin'inpiration Thursday C:

    Hope you pop by on Saturday to check-out our new party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! My mom still has clay art we did as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and what a great craft for kids. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!