Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How to Dye Rice

Hi there...Just did this little craft project the other day and I thought I should share it with you...Mainly because it was pretty darn fun and sooo simple...
Also with Holiday craft fairs coming up it might be useful!!


After purchasing a large bag of white rice I poured 1/2 of it in a glass bowl
added about 2 Tables Spoons Rubbing Alcohol and then a couple drops of Yellow Food Coloring...
mixed it all up with a spoon a Va-La...Dyed Rice.  :)

For the purple I used some of my gel food coloring and it worked just fine although some pieces came out darker than others.




My plan was to use the rice in a display for some of my ceramic necklaces at my booth in Viking Village.....


but to be honest I think the rice took away from the jewelry so I ended up using Pearl Barley instead....


I think the barley showed off booth the dishes and the jewelry better!

The Starfish bowl was perfect for my "Tide Pool" Jewelry!!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
Denise
I plan on linking up to those AWESOME link Parties on my side bar...
Do check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!