Monday, September 24, 2012

Rustic Pumpkins

Well it's official Fall is finally here.  As many of you know it's my favorite time of year...Heck - I even named our daughter Autumn.  :)
So in honor of pumpkin season, I thought I would share with you these AWESOME Pumpkins my son's made!

Cool..huh?

My sister in law purchased one at a garage sale this summer, I loved the simple rusticness (don't think that's real a word) of it! 
Anyway I asked the boys to make me some and this is how they did it...  


Garret cut a log we had for fire wood in half and then shaped the top and the bottom with the chainsaw.  


After that Drew used a wood rasp to scrape the bark off...

They drilled a hole in the top and then popped the "stem" in.  :)  
I added the leaves around the top and Va-La...
RUSTIC PUMPKINS

The orange color is the natural color of the Alder after the bark has been peeled.


I will be showing off these babies at many of the link parties on my side bar so check them out!
And as always...
Thanks for visiting!!
Denise

1 comment:

  1. Denise that is the cutest pumpkin...what a great idea. Love it!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!