Friday, May 24, 2013

French Bench

Here's a little cutie that I just finished and droped off at my space tonight...Isn't she darling?  I don't usually brag about my things but I just love this piece!  :)


Here's her before pic...not bad but she didn't sell and I had originally planed on painting her anyway....I just put her in the shop until I had the time.


 I painted her with several coats of homemade chalk paint and then added these wonderful images from; The Graphic Fairy.  You can find an easy tutorial on how to do this here.


The fabric is burlap from Jo-Ann's...That I purchased with a 40% off coupon...Of course!
(I also plan on using the fabric, to make a matching bulletin board, out of a vintage frame)


I know that you will probably never see the back but doesn't the vintage postage stamp look great?


And I must say it is so nice to be able to take pictures in my garden again...Yea Spring!!
XXXOOO
Denise

The Graphics Fairy

I will be linking up to many of the parties on my side bar...Do check them out!

16 comments:

  1. Hi, I love how the bench turned out and I love the postage stamp on the back...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful transformation and that fabric is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this it really came out just beautiful! Would love it if you came by One More Time and share it http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/05/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_26.html
    Hope you can make it... if not this week I host every Sunday...Hope you can make it some time.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a precious vanity stool. My mom use to have one almost identical. Looks fabulous with your makeover. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the stamp on the back! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS! THANKS FOR LINKING UP TO MY FAVORITE FRIDAY! HOW DI YOU ENLARGE THE POSTAL STAMP ON THE BACK?? LOVE IT!
    LAURA@IMNOTATROPHYWIFE.COM HTTP://IMNOTATROPHYWIFE.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saved it to my photos and then printed it out as a 5X7...easy peasy. :)

      Delete
  7. Love what you did with the chair! I would buy it now, not before! Because of you it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece is adorable. What a lovely transformation. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popping back to let you know I'm featuring this at today's Shabbilicious Friday link party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to pin this. I love love love it!!!

    XOXO
    Denyse

    glitterglueandpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely amazing! I love before and afters to see what an incredible job you've done!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!